Meet the Students – Colin

Today Life on Warren Mall introduces Colin!

What’s up Nerds!

I am Colin, a masters student in the ECE Department at UCSD. I completed my undergraduate at UCSD, with a depth in (Wireless) Communication Systems, and in graduate studies am specializing in Circuits and Systems – including antennas and communication systems, but my real passion is projects. As a former Technical Chair of our campus IEEE branch, I created workshops that introduced students to hands-on technical skills. Now I am a director for Project in a Box’s R&D division, where I manage student teams developing projects for ECE curriculum, and keep myself an active tinkerer with my thesis research project: Transmission of Touch. It centers around a wearable glove that allows the user to experience remote sensations – either feeling what a robotic arm feels, or receiving haptic feedback from a fully-immersive Virtual Reality environment, with organic actuators from the Lipomi Lab in the Nanoengineering department. My main aspiration for my career is that it feeds my creativity; I won’t accept repetitive, constraining tasks when I could be inventing things. I love coffee, kittens, and clearly – making fun!

First successful circuit
Colin loves cats! This is Kuro